The success of Plants vs Zombie
I’ve played many games over years but usually I preferred action, first person shooters (FPS) and online multiplayer games. My favorite game over the years it’s Starcraft but i never thought I will like a different type of game so much. I’m talking about this great game called “Plants vs Zombie“, a Popcap production in 2009, who become very popular quite fast.
I remember I first played online on a website (it was the flash version). The game was free but it had many limitations like not all the level and game modes were accessible. Also the screen was small, something like 640 / 480 pixels. Anyway, after I finished the flash demo game I decided to purchase it. All I can say is that I had a lot of fun playing it. All the game modes were unlocked one by one and I wanted to last as long as possible. I started with “Adventure Mode” and step by step I managed to open also the other available modes like Survival, Puzzle Mode and the Mingames. Since I am a game developer (I made flash games for about 7 years) I decided to carefully analyze what is the reason of The success of Plants vs Zombie
Why the success of Plants vs Zombie?
In this list I will try to point you to the main reasons of success of this game. These are my findings, some may not agree but for sure some will do.
- The game started with a nice and original idea. You want to make a war, OK. But place static plants in battle with some zombies ? A+ for originality
- Very nice increase of difficulty and a very good tutorial. Zombies are coming on a single line, it’s very easy to defeat them and you have even pointing arrows to the items you gave to click.
- at start absolutely each new level is bringing you cool crazy powerups
- you have many game modes
- music it’s very good, even when you stop playing the game you still hear it
- excellent zombie puzzles fun both for kids and adults
- very funny!
Game was very successful all over the world, this is a fact. Many game developers try to recreate similar games. Like this game I found recently Plants vs Zombies slots game. It may not be so interesting for kids but sure it’s fun for me. You get zombie bonus, gold trophies, zen garden bonus, free spins and much more, everything to make you have fun and also earn money if you are lucky 🙂